blackwire

Saturday, February 03, 2007

 

iTunes

iTunes

Picked this up from Eisen's blog...

So, here's how it works:

1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Press play.
4. For every question, type the song that's playing.
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button.
6. Don't lie


Opening Credits: What Is And What Should Never Be / Led Zeppelin

Catch the wind, see us spin, sail away, leave today, way up high in the sky.
But the wind won't blow, you really shouldn't go, it only goes to show
That you will be mine, by takin' our time.

What It Means:
That's the way life is isn't it...Some things just are, and some things just should never be...And tough luck to you if those things aren't...

Waking Up: I'll Be Back / The Beatles

You know if you break my heart I'll go,
But I'll be back again,
'cause I told you once before goodbye,
But I came back again.

What It Means:
To LOVE...I'll Be Back, you fickle BITCH.

First Day At School: Toad / Cream

(Instrumental)

What It Means:
The title reminds me vividly of Philip Larkin's "Toads" and "Toads Revisited"...Quite aptly captures my attitude towards school (in the past) actually...Railing against the awful mechanical life that our society places each and everyone of us into, yet on the other hand unwilling to step out of my comfort zone and applying myself to something more worthy...(Disclaimer: the song puts me in a rather different mood, but the poem's wad comes to mind first)

Falling In Love: That's The Way / Led Zeppelin

That's the way... That's the way it oughtta be, oh don't you know now,
Mama said, mama said... that's the way it's gonna stay, yeah.

What It Means:
That's the way...Falling in Love isn't that complicated...or is it?

Fight Song: Everybody's Got Something To Hide (Except Me And My Monkey) / The Beatles

Everybody's got something to hide, except for me and my monkey
Your inside is out, and your outside is in
Your outside is in, and you inside is out

What It Means:
Sometimes, we fight not because we want something, but because we want to hide something.

Breaking Up: Till There Was You / The Beatles

There was love all around
But I never heard it singing
No I never heard it at all
Till there was you

What It Means:
And even then, it wasn't enough...because I threw it all away.

Prom: Falling Away With You / Muse

promise to hold you close and pray
watching the fantasies decay
nothing will ever stay the same

What It Means:
Prom...ise to hold you close and pray...Well, truth is...I didn't now did I? What an arse I was...I had the world in my arms, and I spurned it all.

Life's Ok: I'm Just Happy To Dance With You / The Beatles

Just to dance with you
Is everything I need
Before this dance is through
I think I'll love you too
I'm so happy when you dance with me

What It Means:
If only...if only...then maybe Life WOULD be ok.

Mental Breakdown: The Hardest Part / Coldplay

Everything I know is wrong
Everything I do it just comes undone
And everything is torn apart
Oh and thats the hardest part

What It Means:
There are times when I look back, and I FEAR...Fear so much that sometimes, I think I might just DIE...Oh for there to be meaning to life.

Driving: Let It Out / Hoobastank

I'm not afraid to let it out
I'm gonna show you how I feel
I'm not afraid to let it out

What It Means:
Gosh...If I'm like this when I drive... ... ...

Flashback: Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking / Snow Patrol

A clock is ticking, but it's hidden far away
(I could do most anything to you...)
Safe and sound
Safe and sound

What It Means:
And Long may it stay there...Hidden in a far away place, safe and sound, and unaffecting any part of my life. The scariest thing sometimes is to remember things long gone, and be reminded of the unrelenting passage of time...

Getting Back Together: Peggy Sue / Buddy Holly And The Crickets

I love you Peggy Sue - with a love so rare and true
oh Peggy - my Peggy Sue
well I love you gal - I want you Peggy Sue

What It Means:
If only, if only it were as simple as wanting...and loving...and eventually, getting...

Wedding: Don't Stop / Our Lady Peace

Don't stop sucking me in
Making me come back to you
No one will ever compare
Will ever be better than you

What It Means:
If she's the One, then let it be so. Let it be like this, a wholly intense union...for no one will ever be better than you...

Birth of Child: Drive-Thru / Tenacious D

Now if you could take a Coca-Cola, and just go half Coca-Cola, half Diet
Coke...'cuz I'm tryin to watch my figure...Tryin to loose some of the weight.

What It Means:
To the mother of my child...No matter how inane your requests are, or how weird they sound, I'll do them for you.

Final Battle: Girlfriend / Alicia Keys

I think I'm jealous of your girlfriend
Although she's just a girl that is your friend
I think I'm jealous of your girlfriend
She shares a special part of you

What It Means:
I'll forever have to tussle with my significant other's friends(girls) for her time and attention...God forbid, NO!

Death Song: Scar / Def Leppard

All that you are, no conscience
All you believe, no pride
All that you take, no reason
All that you leave, no right
All that you lose, no sorrow
All that you find, no shame
Can't take away the scar you left

What It Means:
I'm so going to leave a legacy behind man...Although it does seem to be a negative one.

Funeral Song: The Ballad Of John And Yoko / The Beatles

Christ you know it ain't easy,
You know how hard it can be.
The way things are going
They're gonna crucify me.

What It Means:
Except that, I'm already dead...My Wife will outlive me, but my dear, it'll be so difficult for you who are left behind, but know that I love you...

Ending Credits: Nothing / Stabbing Westward

I don't want it, I don't need it
I don't want it, I don't need it
I don't want it, I don't need it
I don't want it, I don't need it

What It Means:
And so it ends, at the end of the day, everything dissolves into Nothing...the Nothing that I don't want, the Nothing that I don't need...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   October 2007   November 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]